Joining IYASE automatically makes you a member of the Iyengar Yoga National Association. The benefits of membership include event discounts, access to our newsletter, and eBulletins to support your teaching or practice.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP (RUNS THROUGH CALENDAR YEAR):
When you join IYASE (Iyengar Yoga Association of the Southeast) you automatically become a member of IYNAUS (Iyengar Yoga National Association of the US).
You can become a member of IYASE at any time and your annual renewal fee will be due a year from the date you become a member. (Certified instructors renew at the beginning of the calendar year.)
IYNAUS Members receive exclusive practice sequences and videos direct from the Iyengar family and BKS Iyengar's most senior instructors.
Joining IYASE means you are a part of our ever-growing yoga community and the knowledge that you are contributing to the greater good by helping to increase public awareness of the benefits of yoga, and of Iyengar yoga in particular. Our members become a part of a network of regional yoga practitioners that help to foster sangha.
Sangha is a spiritual community of practitioners who understand the challenges and the joys of being on a spiritual journey and who remind one another of the joys during times of challenge. By becoming a member of the regional association, and sharing information and experience with one another, you help to bring the community closer together and make it stronger.
The IYASE Newsletter, published Bi-annually includes:
- asana column created by a senior teacher
- list of workshops throughout the region
- sutra column with commentary
- articles by members in the region
Scholarship opportunities for members in need to attend IYASE-sponsored workshops and Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute in Pune, India
- Free listing on the regional website (www.iyase.org) for all certified teachers.
- Free listing for members of yoga workshops taught by certified Iyengar teachers. These can sponsored or hosted by member within the Southeast Region, or they can be taught by certified members outside the Southeast Region.
- Discounts for attending IYASE-sponsored workshops.
- Concurrent membership in IYNAUS (Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States) with all the benefits of membership in that organization www.iynaus.org.
- E-bulletins announcing current events in the Southeast Region.
JOIN THE REGIONAL ASSOCIATION TO START RECEIVING THESE BENEFITS AND SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY!