“Membership Out Reach and Education”
To bring Certified Iyengar Yoga Teachers (CIYT) and Iyengar Yoga to underserved and un-served cities and towns within our region educate the general yoga population and provide CIYT teaching to members. To grow the membership of IYNAUS.
Areas within the Southeast Region: NC, SC, TN, VA, WVA, MS, MD, LA, KY, FL, GA, AL and DC. Within these areas, cities and towns that do not currently have an Iyengar Yoga teacher in residence or who regularly travels there to teach.
WHAT AND WHEN
· A 2-3 hour workshop, to be held at a yoga studio or other suitable venue within the under-served area.
· At the beginning of the workshop CIYT will provide a brief overview ofB.K.S. Iyengar and the Iyengar Yoga methodology.
· At conclusion, CIYT will talk about membership in IYNAUS and provide time for completion of membership forms. IYASE will provide a list of items for the CIYT to bring to the event, as well aslinks to newsletter and registration forms to promote membership.
· Charge $15 per hour for attendees
o If yoga studio sponsors workshop, CIYT and Studio will split 70/30.
o If local practitioner sponsors the event, CIYT and student will split 70/30.
· CIYT will coordinate payment from studio/student after completion.
· CIYT will provide an insurance Certificate of Liability to studio/venue in advance of workshop.
IYASE and CIYT RESPONSIBILITIES
· For ease of advertising, IYASE will provide a template for the flyer. Use one of your own or studio flyer, but the flyer must have IYASE and IYNAUS logos. Logos will be provided.
· IYASE will provide locations and/or membership contact information to CIYT to identify potential areas of need.
· If the CIYT knows of an under-served area with interested potential participants, he/she should contact The MORE coordinator at IYASE for a list of potential contacts in the area.
· Within one week of workshop, CIYT will provide IYASE coordinator via email
o # of participants
o Hosting entity name and address
o How many joined IYNAUS on site